Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome to Enforced Vow Delivery Year

I'm on a disturbingly static bus which is supposed to be taking me home from the Edinburgh street party, so I just thought I'd take the opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year.

If I ever get back, I'll post some photos from the party, but you know the drill with the camera on my phone - I might as well be posting photos of Jupiter.

People on the bus are passing the time by swapping New Year's Resolutions.  Mine is to point out Mike Smithson's inaccuracies ten times more often than before, just to irritate the sanctimonious anonymous poster from last night...

UPDATE : OK, here are the "photos", so feel free to try to decipher some sense from them.  The first one is actually Glasgow from last night, which is slightly irritating, because it's the only half-decent one!

I learned from going to the street party two years ago that moving around after 9pm is a choice that can only lead to pain and despair, so I just made my way to Frederick Street (where the Scottish stage was) and stayed there for most of the evening.  The three musical acts were Breabach, Eddi Reader and Ross Ainslie & Jarlath Henderson.

It seems that any splash made by Fairground Attraction in Australia twenty-five years ago must have well and truly worn off by now, because the Aussies behind me were taking bets on which one of the male backing musicians would turn out to be Mr Eddie Reader.

And the reaction of two women to Ross Ainslie/Jarlath Henderson : "I love this band, I don't know who they are, oh I wish I was Scottish."  Slightly unfair on Jarlath Henderson, who hails from Northern Ireland!


















7 comments:

  1. From personal experience, getting home after an Edinburgh new year is not really likely to happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photies James, gave up years ago with the going out, at the age where bed is more important these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, James. Thank you so much for all your hard work in 2014, and here's to your continued efforts in the current year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy and prosperous new year to you James more strength to your key pad.May you all have all that you need and some of what you want.I liked the pictures now that I no longer get out and about (without help) I like to say the photographs of others enjoying themselves could almost hear the happiness,thanks for the past year and more of the same this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too.

    Photos not bad, caught the essence of the night anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A guid new year tae ane and, indeed, a.

    ReplyDelete